Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's the start of a new year! I went through the blessings jar last night and it was so great to read about all the wonderful things that had happened in 2013! For this year I may try something new. There is this wonderful hymn entitled "Great is thy Faithfulness" and one of the lyrics reads , "Morning by morning new mercies I see". This had me thinking about each and everyday there is a new mercy that God has blessed us with. It may be small, it may be gigantic, but we need to take the time to see each day these new mercies He gives us. So I thought I would try to keep a daily log each day this year of my mercies and blessings. ( I will attempt to do this daily but I may have to double or triple up some times! ) Today is a trivial blessing, but none the less makes me happy!! Anyone who knows me well knows how much I love shoes! So to start this year out - thanks to many DSW gift card blessings from family and friends - I will say new shoes make me so very happy! And I thank God that I have many more shoes than I possibly need!

No comments:

Post a Comment